Marking the 10th anniversary of the formation of the African Ministers Council on Water (AMCOW), the 4th Africa Water Week will celebrate AMCOW’s achievements and reflect on opportunities for achieving water security and adequate sanitation in Africa. Over 1,000 participants are expected.
Organised by: African Ministers Council on Water (AMCOW) in conjunction with the African Union Commission (AUC)
Hosted by: Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation, Egypt (MWRI)
Main theme: “Water for Growth in Africa, AMCOW’s Journey @10”
Sub-themes / Lead Conveners:
- Water and Sanitation for Development / USAID – Further Advancing the Blue Revolution Initiative (FABRI)
- Infrastructure for Growth and Climate Resilience Development / UN Water Africa, UNECA-African Climate Policy Centre (ACPC) & African Union Commission (AUC)
- Private Sector Investment in Sanitation and Water / African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Water Governance and Financing / Global Water Partnership (GWP), African Development Bank (AfDB), EU Water Initiative – Africa Working Group (EUWI AWG)
- 14 May – AMCOW General Assembly
- 15 May – AMCOW @ 10 celebrations
- 16-18 May – Technical Sessions on sub-themes (see above)
Under the sub-theme “Water and Sanitation for Development”, IRC International Water and Sanitation Centre and Water and Sanitation for Africa (WSA) will co-convene a session on “Monitoring For Action: Improving WASH Sector Performance and Sustainable Service Delivery” (17 May).
For more information visit: www.africawaterweek.com