Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
- Africa: When Shit Happens February 9, 2016[IRIN] New York -Everyone defecates, but 'how' and 'where' are questions that highlight class, gender and cultural differences between us.
- South Africa: Municipal Strike Causes a Stink in Historic Town February 9, 2016[News24Wire] A strike by workers from the Umjindi local municipality in Mpumalanga has caused a stink in the historic mining town of Barberton.
- Ghana: Sea Water Desalination Project Brings Relief to Teshie-Nungua and Surrounding Areas February 9, 2016[Ghana Govt.] The persistent problem of lack of potable water that the people of Teshie-Nungua, a suburb of Accra, and its surrounding environs in Teshie-Nungua, the Teshie Military barracks, Batsoona, Sakumono and parts of La-Dadekotopon all in the Greater Accra Region, have encountered for more than two decades, has come to an end, thanks to the Accra Wate […]
- South Africa: Senekal's Taps Running Again February 9, 2016[News24Wire] Taps in the drought-stricken Free State town of Senekal have started running again, the Setsoto local municipality said on Monday.
- Egypt: Irrigation Minister Calls for Maximizing Use of Available Water Resources February 9, 2016[Egypt Online] Minister of Water Resources and Irrigation Hossam Moghazi has stressed the need for rationalizing water consumption and maximizing the use of available water resources.
- Zimbabwe: A Glimmer of Hope for Mbare's Sanitation Problems? February 9, 2016[The Herald] The raw sewage streams that the hostels in Mbare have become so accustomed to may soon be a thing of the past if plans by the City of Harare to clean up the mess and repair burst pipes are anything to go by.
- Namibia: Homes in Epalela Area Flooded February 9, 2016[Namibian] About 15 homesteads in the Epalela settlement were flooded on Friday night when the NamWater canal that passes through the area overflowed due to heavy rainfall received in the Omusati region's Onesi Constituency.
- Uganda: Preacher Sejusa Decries Luzira Toilets February 9, 2016[Observer] Lawyers looking for generals to stand surety for him
- Angola: FESA and Elecnor Sign Cooperation Agreement February 9, 2016[ANGOP] Luanda -Eduardo dos Santos Foundation (FESA) and Spanish counterpart Elecnor signed Monday in Luanda a cooperation accord to develop actions to ensure implementation of water and cultural projects in Gove commune, Cuíma municipality, central Huambo province.
- Nigeria: Gov Obiano Commissions 27 Water Boreholes February 9, 2016[Leadership] Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State has commissioned 27 solar-powered boreholes that would provide water to people in Aguata and Anambra East local government areas of the state.
- Africa: When Shit Happens February 9, 2016
- Rural youth can be tomorrow’s entrepreneurs February 9, 2016Nteranya Sanginga is the Director General of the International Institute of Tropical AgricultureNteranya Sanginga
- Family Planning in India is Still Deeply Sexist February 9, 2016The tragic death of 12 women after a state-run mass sterilisation campaign in the central Indian state of Chhattisgarh went horribly wrong in 2014 made global headlines. The episode saw about 80 women “herded like cattle” into makeshift camps without being properly examined before the laparoscopic tubectomies that snuffed out their lives. In another incident […]Neeta Lal
- Microcephaly Revives Battle for Legal Abortion in Brazil February 8, 2016The Zika virus epidemic and a rise in the number of cases of microcephaly in newborns have revived the debate on legalising abortion in Brazil. However, the timing is difficult as conservative and religious groups are growing in strength, especially in parliament. “We are issuing a call to society to hold a rational, generous debate […]Mario Osava
- The Nuclear Deal Implementation Day: A Win-Win Agreement (part one) February 8, 2016Farhang Jahanpour is a former professor and dean of the Faculty of Foreign Languages at the University of Isfahan and a former Senior Research Fellow at Harvard University. He is a tutor in the Department of Continuing Education and a member of Kellogg College, University of OxfordFarhang Jahanpour
- Women and Girls Imperative to Science & Technology Agenda February 8, 2016Lakshmi Puri is UN Assistant-Secretary-General and Deputy Executive Director UN WomenLakshmi Puri
- Dying for the News: Media Call for Help from Gov’t and Public against Attacks February 8, 2016“No story is worth dying for.” This comment at a landmark conference on media safety at UNESCO last Friday emphasised the bewilderment the media felt at the brutal slayings of journalists as they carry out their work. “Today, more and more journalists are being targeted with impunity in every corner of the globe – brutalised, […]A. D. McKenzie
- Argentina and United Arab Emirates Open New Stage in Bilateral Relations February 5, 2016With United Arab Emirates’ foreign minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan’s visit to Argentina, the two countries launched a new stage in bilateral relations, kicked off by high-level meetings and a package of accords. On Friday, Feb. 5 Al Nahyan and his host, Argentina’s foreign minister Susana Malcorra, signed five agreements on taxation, trade […] […]Fabiana Frayssinet
- Rural youth can be tomorrow’s entrepreneurs February 9, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Add to favourites